COES announces outstanding students, faculty
Louisiana Tech University’s College of Engineering and Science (COES) has announced its 2017 Outstanding Students and Faculty.
Each Spring Quarter, COES faculty vote to recognize juniors and seniors who demonstrate excellence in the classroom and participate in service through student organizations. Graduating seniors vote on the two faculty members who most influenced their educations at Louisiana Tech. The results are announced and awards are presented at Spring Release, the annual crawfish boil and culmination of Engineering and Science Week.
The 2017 Outstanding Juniors are as follows:
- Lucia House (electrical engineering and mathematics),
- Joshua Joffrion (electrical engineering and physics),
- Samuel Johnson (chemical engineering),
- William Byerley (chemical engineering),
- Haley Dishman (mechanical engineering),
- Caroline Fontenot (cyber engineering),
- Christopher Kotar (mechanical engineering),
- Alex Pledger (mechanical engineering) and
- Matthew Upshaw (civil engineering).
The 2017 Outstanding Seniors are as follows:
- Paige Boudreaux (industrial engineering),
- Beverly Case (mechanical engineering),
- Madeline Collins (mechanical engineering/math minor),
- Danielle Eschete (mechanical engineering),
- Sari Freeman (industrial engineering),
- Blake Gautreaux (chemical engineering),
- John Herren (mechanical engineering),
- John Kraft IV (construction engineering technology),
- Gabriella Perez (electrical engineering),
- Ethan Sullivan (nanosystems engineering),
- Caylin VanHook (electrical engineering and physics),
- Luke Villermin (mechanical engineering),
- Mary Voisin (civil engineering) and
- Austin Ward (chemical engineering).
“These outstanding juniors and seniors perform well academically, but their efforts do not stop there,” College Director of Enrollment Management and Employer Relations, Allie De Leo said. “These students are very involved around campus, within our College, and in the community. We, as a College, are very proud of these outstanding students and their accomplishments.”
The 2017 Outstanding Faculty are Dr. Arden Moore (assistant professor of mechanical engineering and nanosystems engineering) and Dr. Timothy Reeves (lecturer of mechanical engineering).
Written by Brandy McKnight – firstname.lastname@example.org